The following controller communicates the processing of your personal data by way of this “Privacy statement”: Fincover bvba., which has its registered office at Alfons Verdijckstraat 66, 2900 Schoten and is registered in the C.B.E. under VAT number BE0454277427, (referred to hereafter as: “Fincover”).
This privacy statement outlines the essential information that is used to process your personal data.
By providing your personal data on the website and by entering Personal Data in the email addresses stated on this website, you declare that you have taken due note of this Privacy statement, and that you also expressly agree with it and with the processing as such.
Article 1. – Introduction
A. Who are we?
Fincover bv (hereinafter "we" or "us") values your privacy and considers it very important to process your personal data with the necessary care and confidentiality.
We comply with European regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data (General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR), as well as the Belgian Framework Law of July 30, 2018.
Through this "Privacy statement" we wish to explain to you in a transparent way how Fincover bv, with registered office at Alfons Verdijckstraat 66, 2900 Schoten and registered with the K.B.O. under number BE0454277427 (hereinafter: "Fincover") processes your personal data.
This privacy statement applies to all processing of personal data by Fincover in its capacity as data controller. This means that we determine the purpose and means of the processing of your personal data.
B. To whom and when does this privacy statement apply?
This privacy statement applies to all customers and visitors to the website www.financeisfun.be and all related activities, as well as to the application 'BOEB'. It also applies, for example, to prospects, service providers and to the commercial relationships that are entered into.
By providing your personal data on the website and by providing the e-mail addresses listed on this website, you declare that you have read this Privacy Statement and that you expressly agree with it, as well as with the processing itself.
Article 2 - Personal data
A. What does the processing of personal data mean?
Processing is an operation or set of operations relating to personal data or a set of personal data, whether or not performed by automated means. The concept of 'processing' is open to broad interpretation. The collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction of data are all examples of processing.
B. Personal data you communicate to us:
As a controller, we process your personal data in the following circumstances:
- When you contact us via the contact form
- When you request information or show interest in our services
- When you use our application BOEB
- When you submit your application
- When you register for our newsletter
- When you register for an event
- When you register for a training course, webinar,...
C. What personal data do we collect?
We may process the following personal data. Depending on the situation, we will not necessarily process all the personal data listed below:
- Your contact details: name, address and other contact information
- Your contact history: sent and received e-mails,...
- Work related data: CV, education, diploma, language skills, professional activities, reference checks,...
- identification data: identity card data,...
- Financial data
- Personal details: gender, date of birth, place of birth, marital status, nationality
D. Special categories of personal data
In principle, we do not process special personal data such as health data, political opinions, biometric data, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, etc.
Article 3 - Legal grounds for processing
Fincover will use your personal data exclusively on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with our customers and to enable us to carry out our services.
- The processing is necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations
- We may also process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest
We will only process your personal data for the purposes specified. Should we wish to use your data for other purposes, we will only do so after receiving your specific consent. In addition, we will provide appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data.
- We may process your personal data on the basis of your specific consent.
Article 4 - Purposes of the processing
4.1. General purposes:
Fincover will use the Personal Data collected from you exclusively for the following purposes and in compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation:
- Operational purposes: To maintain and improve this Website and to include Personal Data in anonymous statistics, from which the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be ascertained, with as legal basis the legitimate interests of Fincover to continuously improve its Website and services
- Business purposes: to inform you about our services, to communicate our general terms and conditions, to carry out our services, to pay our invoices, to communicate with our clients and with job applicants
- Commercial purposes: Sending direct marketing, newsletters, invitations to events, etc. on the basis of your explicit, prior consent and taking your rights into account. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Given the nature of the available data and the fact that some information is publicly available, we consider the risk of infringement of your rights to be minimal. For the application of legitimate interest as a legal ground for processing personal data, we will limit the impact on your privacy to the strict minimum by restricting the use of your data and by implementing the necessary access rights to avoid unauthorized access.
- Improving user experience with your explicit, prior consent as a legal basis.
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data, but please be aware of the fact that some of our services may (partly) not be available.
Fincover will not sell, rent or make your Personal Data commercially available to third parties, except with your prior consent.
4.2. Where do we process personal data
- We and our third party processors will only process your identifiable personal data in the EEA (European Economic Area).
- We may transfer your anonymized and/or aggregated data to organizations outside the EEA. If such a transfer occurs, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to guarantee the security and integrity of your personal data, and that any rights you may have with respect to personal data under applicable mandatory law are guaranteed. For example, we use Mailchimp and GoToWebinar.
- Both Mailchimp and GoToWebinar provide the possibility to adjust certain settings so that these tools can be used in accordance with the GDPR. Taking this into account as well as the limited transfer of data through these tools, we ensure the highest possible protection of your data.
- By providing your personal data on the website and by providing the e-mail addresses listed on this website with Personal Data, you declare that you are aware of the transfer to third countries and you also expressly agree to it.
Article 5 - From whom we may receive personal data
We may receive your personal data directly from you, or from public sources, or from third parties.
If we are to further process your data, obtained from external sources, for purposes other than those for which it was collected, we will ask for your explicit consent.
Article 6 - With whom might we share your data?
We will not share your data with third parties unless:
- We are legally obliged to do so
- You have given us your explicit consent
- When this is necessary to realize one of the above-mentioned purposes
If we need to use external service providers ("processors") within the framework of our services (e.g. within the framework of ICT, payroll, the roll-out of business processes, etc.), these processors will process personal data on our behalf. They cannot use this data for purposes other than those stipulated or for their own purposes. In order to guarantee all rights and obligations, a 'processor's agreement' will be entered into with these processors.
Some of our employees will also have access to your personal data. To this end, contractual arrangements have been made with the employees in order to ensure confidentiality and data protection.
Article 7 - How long do we keep your data?
We keep and process the personal data for the period necessary for the purposes of processing and for the contractual relationship between you and Fincover.
This takes into account the relevant legal and regulatory requirements for record keeping.
We may also retain them to fulfil our legal obligations, respond to queries and resolve disputes, satisfy our legitimate interests and enforce our rights.
Article 8 - Your rights
The following rights in respect of your personal data may be exercised at any time upon request.
8.1. Right of access and inspection:
You have the right to access your personal data at any time, free of charge. Where your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may nevertheless charge you a reasonable fee to reflect our administrative costs. In the same case, however, we may choose not to comply with your request. You will always be informed of the reasons why.
8.2. Right of correction, deletion and restriction:
You are free to communicate your personal data to Fincover. In addition, you are always entitled to ask us to improve, complete or remove your personal details.
8.3. Right to object:
You always have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for legitimate reasons or for direct marketing purposes.
8.4. Right of transferability:
You have the right to obtain your personal data in a structured format and/or to transfer them to other responsible parties.
8.5. Right of withdrawal of consent:
When the processing is based on your prior consent, you naturally have the right to withdraw it.
8.6. Exercise of your rights:
8.7. Automatic decisions and profiling:
During the processing of your personal data, no profiling methods are used with a detrimental automatic impact on the services received.
8.8. Right to complain:
Article 9 - Security and confidentiality
9.1. We have developed technically and organizationally appropriate security measures in order to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access or accidental disclosure to third parties of personal data collected and any other unauthorized processing of such data.
9.2. In no case Fincover can be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from an incorrect or illegal use of the personal data by a third party.
9.3. You must at all times comply with the security regulations. You are therefore solely responsible for the use made from the website of your computer, IP address and of your identification data, as well as for their confidentiality.
Article 10 - Links to other websites
10.1. Fincover is not responsible for the content of websites linked from Fincover by the administrator or visitors. The visitor is aware that the privacy of other web sites may differ from Fincover.
10.2. A link to a website cannot be considered as an explicit approval of the content of this website and its correctness cannot be guaranteed permanently.
Article 11 - Questions or complaints
If you have any questions about our privacy statement or if you wish to make a complaint, please find here our contact details:
Article 12: Amendments to the privacy statement
Fincover has the right to make adjustments to its privacy statement. The most recent version of the privacy statement can always be consulted on the website.
Version date: 26 May 2021